COLVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
THURSDAY MAY 5, 2022 – Cinco de Mayo
- The CHS Girls’ Golf Team is League Champions after winning 4 of 5 league competitions this spring! Congratulations to Bayleigh Darnold, Ady Darnold, Maggie Hedrick, Kamryn Amich, Kyra Beardsley, Sadie Renfro, Bella Castillo, Cara Grittner, Madi Peper, Marissa Holland and Sil Inhabnit! Yesterday at Sub-Districts we got 5 of 6 through to the second day of state qualifying which will be at Meadowood GC in Spokane Valley next Monday. Go Crimson Hawks!
- The CHS gym is reopening soon! There will be no food, drink, or shoes allowed before/after school and during lunch. PE students must wear indoor gym shoes only. Street athletic shoes, boots, sandals, heels etc. will not be allowed on the gym floor. Let’s work together to keep the gym floor nice!
- The section of the student parking lot nearest the highway will be closed tomorrow, May 6th. The DNR will be using the space for a driving course.
- The Counseling Office is assisting students with requests for next year classes this week. Please make sure you have your school issued laptop on your enrollment date. Sophomores: today, Freshmen: tomorrow. You will be logging into your Skyward account so make sure you know your personal login information.
- Next year, in addition to the original Leadership class, we will be offering an advanced Leadership class! These courses will give students the opportunity to generate and implement projects and learn from others what a leader looks like. Advanced Leadership requires students to have maintained a 3.0 GPA, be a junior or senior who has two semesters of leadership experience, and approval by Mrs. Ressa. If you are interested in being involved in activities at CHS and around our district, sign up for Leadership!
- Are you interested in becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant? Will you be a junior or a senior next year? You can now become a CNA as a Colville High School student. If you are interested in this new program, see your counselor or Mr. Purvis for more information, or simply sign up for the Certified Nursing Assistant class when registering for next year.
- Hey CHS, want to get better at communicating visually? Take a Drawing Class with Del. Want to have a creative break in your day? Take an Art Class with Del. Seeking a hands-on change of pace? Take Printmaking Class with Del. Curious about the world of art and history? Take Advanced Placement Art History with Del.
- Stevens County Public Works is seeking applicants for summer work. Must be 18 and able to work 10 hour days. Duties to include flagging, mowing of road shoulders, and general assistance to the roads crews. $18 per hour. Pick up applications at the Public Works office on Hawthorne.
- Key Club meeting today at lunch in room 221
- Rocket Club meeting today at lunch in room 312
- Rock Club meeting today at lunch in room 224
- Softball vs Riverside V 4:30 (Senior Night)/JV 6:30
- Soccer at NWC (Ex. 1:01, Dept. 1:15)
- Colville Spring football practice begins on June 6th at 3:30 PM. Helmet and gear checkout is June 3rd at 2:45 in the mezzanine. You must have an up-to-date physical to participate. Please see Coach Mace if you have any questions.
PLEASE STAND FOR THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Greenhouse Plant Sale 7:00am to 5:00pm
- SPED Team Meeting-Rm 115-7:15am